Test futuristic ornaments

After learning and experimenting with Red Giants plug-in Trapcode Form, I thought of how could I possibly put the plug in and what I’ve learned from experimenting with it to good use certainly after watching what I’d created. In the second cut of the film, I noticed that the film didn’t look too futuristic (mainly no visual effects) but I thought maybe a good or subtle touch of the plug-in would be to create really subtle and  nice flowing futuristic ornaments almost like a futuristic lava lamp but much more elegant.

But before I just go adding it into the film and see if it works or not I decided to test it out and see how if it works with the scene and atheistically looks nice.

This is the original footage that I would motion track and see if they look atheistically nice.

I then created two new different ornament objects just to give variety and difference.

ornament test 1
ornament test 1
ornament test 2
ornament test 2

I then wanted to include the original test experiment that I created which lead me to this initial idea of create these as ornaments.

initial design that lead me to the idea of creating futuristic ornaments.

Below is the video of my results.

Overall I’m not too thrilled with the results as I do feel like looks artificial and can’t see the full details of the ornaments as they move around which I do feel it makes it lose it’s elegance and futuristic nature.

However, I am not going to give up and accept that it doesn’t work. I am going to be doing more tests to capture its elegance and its motion in full. What I do think that made this test a failure is that the lighting is very orange as well, that it was filmed on top of a wooden desk and that it was shot on an iphone 6.

In my next test shoot I am going to use proper lighting and use a clear desk to see if that improves, as well I will try out different background colours i.e. white and black, with the different backdrop as well I’m hoping that this will improve the visibly of the motion graphics and that you can see it more clearer.